Monastery "Veveriţa" is a recently formed monastic settlement, situated on the outskirts of the village with the same name
Bocancea Monastery is located in the village of the same name, Singerei district, 105 km from Chisinau, 40 km from Balti.
In 1678, it built a new shrine holy place for religious hermitage, named protector of Moldavia - Reverend Paraskeva. The monastery was built by the Moldavian boyar, Serdar Mihalcea Hincu liking one of his daughters, who became monk named Paraskeva. On December 9, 1678, Mihalcea Hancu, by an act of donation, noted documentary foundation Hîncu Monastery. Until the SEC. Seventeenth-century hermitage was named Viadica.
Because of the Tatar invasion, was destroyed most of the church and the hermitage, so in the eighteenth-century nuns were forced to leave the hermitage. In 1784 the abbot of the monastery of Abbot Barlaam II, asked followers Hâncu family, build a few huts for the monks and a church dedicated to Virgin Mary. " The church was wooden, fenced, with clay and whitewashed.
The church had wooden iconostasis carved and gilded with gold flowers. Inside the church walls were adorned with beautiful icons, 8 large icons painted on planks of wood and gilded with gold. Shingle roof of the church was. He and a bell that was attached to the church.
Already in 1817 the monastery all the monks were Moldovan Hâncu, nuns and consecrated by the bishops and metropolitans Husi Moldova. In the monastery the monks were found and three Russians, run by the current Liberal Empress Catherine II. Service books and manuscripts were in Romanian.
Hancu was the first monastic settlement in Bessarabia, where the years 1820-1822 was introduced communal life.
Dosoftei The abbot, in 1836, is considered hermitage monastery. It is him in the wooden church, builds in 1835, a stone dedicated to Saint Parascheva, and in 1841 stands a stone church dedicated to another Assumption Donmului pick up bodies of cells for monks, bring water to the monastery and made a lot of household improvements.In the late nineteenth century, the monastery was known as Hâncul-Paraskeva.
In April 1944 a part of the monastery's monks in the monastery were evacuated Hâncu Balaciu Ialomita county, but most of them were arrested and taken to prison in the southern Romanian town of Braila. With this, the Prut, in 1944 the monastery was taken and wealth. In September 1949 Hâncu monastery was closed.
During the 60 - 80ths. XX Hâncu monastic ensemble was assigned Chisinau Institute of Medicine, which opened here a sanatorium for pulmonary diseases. Meanwhile, the church was turned into summer fun club for students and church winter - in the warehouse were stolen valuables - especially all the crosses priests, monks were buried in graves dug on the territory of the monastery.
In 1990, the monastery Hincu was restored as a place for monks. In 1992, after a period of 43 years in the monastery was closed, the monastery Hâncu resume their work. In the spring of 1992 to be innintează Hâncu nunnery.
On 10 September 1992, the monastery was started reconstruction. And in 1993, renovation works have been completed winter church - Assumption, which is put into a body of the abbey, built in 1841.
Also in 1993, she was temporarily painted and blessed. In 1998, the church interior was repainted. Summer Church - Holy Parascheva was built in 1835 and repaired until 1996.
The monastery buildings were preserved three oldest, built in 1841.
TELEPHONE NUMBERS OF TAXI SERVICES IN CHISINAU
☎14002 ☎14111 ☎14428 ☎14100 ☎14333 ☎14747 ☎14499 ☎14555 ☎14911 ☎14101 ☎14000 ☎14110 ☎14250 ☎14441 ☎14444 ☎14005 ☎14554 ☎14800 ☎14004 ☎14120 ☎14222 ☎14006 ☎14090 ☎14442 ☎14007 ☎14098 ☎14448 ☎14008 ☎14999 ☎14474 ☎14545 ☎14700 ☎14777